Monday, July 15, 2013

Touchdown Shanghai PVG

Summer is now over. It is actually the middle of July now. When the rainy days come knocking, there is not much left to do outdoors. Yes I am an outdoor person, have I not established that already? But it has been a while since I last held my camera, with the exception of yesterday. It has been a while since I last blogged as well. This is so random. 

Let us begin the journey. Vincen and I meet at NAIA 3, then we fly by night on a 5J aircraft. And, we touchdown safely. How dull that sounds considering recent events. Oh, by the way, due to visa-requiring travel of Filipinos to China, there were more foreigners aboard that plane than Filipinos, if I remember correctly. Also we occupy 3 seats each on the latter part of the flight. Pahiga-higa lang.  

Welcome to China, the land of my ancestors. Not so long ago, my grandfather smuggled himself to Philippine soil; I hear of his storytelling, 'twas set in Aparri. Now I am off to where he started. Well technically no, this is Shanghai, where they speak Shanghainese. I don't speak that; we speak Fookien, that vouches for the whole Filipino-Chinese population. If you don't know already, we mostly, if not all, hail from Fujian, China, where Fookien is now almost obsolete. Strange, so who understands Fookien in China nowadays? 

Hey, there's PVG from bird's eye view. Almost there, but not quite yet.

As normal human beings, you would expect us to go through immigration immediately upon disembarkation. Wrong, we are not your average beings. With Vincen and Terence unleashed, anything is possible. The photos below should explain why we exited an hour later. We simply could not resist the temptation of aviation. 
The CA A321, long and sleek as it can be
A beluga EK A380 greeting us welcome to China!
The SU B767 on the loose
For good reason, we established ourselves in the departure halls. And slept at the airport. And slept at the airport. AND SLEPT AT THE AIRPORT! A check on my bucket list! Who knows it might just happen again. 


The Terminal ft. Vincen Gregory Yu


Access to the city center has never been more convenient. We actually stayed overnight to catch the first departure of the MAGLEV or Magnetic Levitation train. With a roundtrip price of 80 RMB, speeds can reach up to 400 km/hr, what more can you ask? 

Enter mother China! All hail!

No comments:

Post a Comment