Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shanghai: Part I Don't Know

Introducing the travel buddy, Jarby. Or, as some of you may know him, Vincen, the genius, the peculiar, the equally crazy pal! Learn about him at vincengregorii.blogspot.com. This blog partly sprouted from his contagious writing prowess. 

Anyway, moving on. On our first day in this foreign land, we set off to Pudong (literally translates to East of the Huang Pu), where slender giants aka skyscrapers await us. Walked, took the Shanghai Rail or whatever they call their underground train system. The Oriental Pearl Tower's huge balls greeted us like hernia patients on the OR table. Excuse my being curt, I just had to say that. To the other side, the three towers shy away. Each buildings' peak consumed by cloud and dust of spring Shanghai.  

This is annoying; pictures getting messed up I mean. I did enjoy shooting photos under the cloudy shade, meaning perfect exposure for photos! I hate overexposure; I can work with underexposure. 'Nuff of that

The next photo shows Nanjing Road, known as the shopping street of Puxi. See that Sony store right there, couldn't help myself but test the highly-rated Sony RX1. A full frame camera taking the form of a digital camera's size. AMAZING. EXPENSIVE. PORTABLE. SHARP. But Sony's contemporary for my 5DM3? Meeeh.  


Pao Tai Wan. Where the Huang Pu meets the mighty Yang Tze. I forgot what Vincen said about the width of this great river, for it is China's longest, maybe the fattest, in terms of width. 


HALO!
The photo above? Free view of the Shanghai Grand Hyatt Hotel. Hello to the people who payed 88 RMB to get the almost the same view. Sometimes you just have to be smart or desperate to achieve; I guess we were smartest of the bunch (ehem, makapal lang mukha). ' Cause we paced the high peaks of both towers! Oh, the things you would do outside the presence of family. 
Shanghai's future pride, the Shanghai Tower 
The current tallest mirroring the rise of the soon tallest. 
Hello Marc Gregory aka Smiling Ahia
Jin Mao Tower, Oriental Pearl Tower, Huang Pu and the Bund plus the Shanghai haze all captured in one shot
Tian Zi Fang is a must visit for the fancy. We are definitely not but still we enjoyed.
This photo represents both our arrival and departure from the land of our ancestors. Notice V's hair, if you know what I mean. He only took a bath once during our 5 day trip. This truly shot during our arrival.
He will fly home to Manila. I board an A330 to Hong Kong, only to struggle in Cantonese.

2 comments: